If you are trying to find a missing or late mail item, there are a few things you can check in the first instance.
- Tracking:- If the article was sent using a tracked service, use our track your item tool to check its status.
- Address details:- Check the address details with the sender to make sure the item was correctly addressed.
- Card received:- Check if an ‘Item Awaiting Collection’ or ‘Safe Drop’ card has been left in the letterbox or under the recipient’s door.
- Accepted by others:- Check if anyone else at the address has accepted or signed for the item.
- Delivery times:- Check delivery times to see when the item should be received.
Following these steps, if you believe your item is missing, please submit a missing item enquiry so that we can investigate.
Submitting an enquiry
Items scanned as ‘delivered’
Please lodge a delivery issue enquiry if the item is showing in our track tool or via a track advice email as ‘delivered’ but has not been received.
All other items
Please lodge a missing or late item enquiry form according to the following timeframes (where business days are counted as Monday to Friday):
- If an Express Post item is at least 1 business day late
- If any other item is at least 3 business days late
- If an International Courier or International Express item is at least 1 business day late
- If an International Standard or Registered Post International item is at least 10 business days late
- If an International Economy Air item with Extra Cover or Signature on Delivery was posted at least 30 days ago
- If an International Economy Sea or or any other International Economy Air item was posted at least 90 days ago
Please note that we are unable to accept missing item enquiries, or commence investigations, before these specified times.